[llvm-dev] Testing CFL alias analysis

Jia Chen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 16 14:19:32 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

If you've read through my previous introduction email
(http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-May/099573.html), you can
safely ignore this message.

The short story is: CFL-AA does not seem to be broken anymore. Please
try it out and help us find more bugs / performance issues if switching
to it in the future sounds interesting to you.

Here are more backgrounds: I was working on a GSoC project, whose first
step is to fix cfl-aa. After a bug was patched up in r268269,
bootstrapping llvm+clang with standalone cfl-aa as well as
cfl-aa+basicaa breaks nothing in llvm test-suite. It shows that cfl-aa
is in a pretty good shape today and are almost ready to be turned out by
default. But before we can do this, we'd like to gather enough evidences
that it is a safe move. A more thorough description of the current
status can be found in the link provided at the beginning of this message.

To compile your codes with cfl-aa turned on, simply add " -mllvm
-use-cfl-aa -mllvm -use-cfl-aa-in-codegen" option to the clang command
line arguments.

--
Best Regards,

--