[llvm-dev] Working on FP SCEV Analysis

Demikhovsky, Elena via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 16 06:07:26 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm working now on extending SCEV Analysis and adding FP support.
At the beginning, I want to vectorize this loop:

float fp_inc;

  float x = init;
  for (int i=0;i<N;i++){
    A[i] = x;
    x += fp_inc; // Loop invariant variable or constant
  }

In this loop "x" is a FP induction variable. But it is not the "primary" induction and loop trip count is still depends on integer induction "i".

In the future, I plan to work on "primary" FP inductions.
Intel compiler vectorizes FP-induction loops, GCC does not.

I wanted to hear that community does not have any principal objections for this work.
Thank you.

-        Elena

Intel Israel (74) Limited