[llvm-dev] [RFC] New diagnostic handler for llc

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 12 12:34:26 PDT 2016

On 5/12/2016 12:29 PM, Reid Kleckner wrote:

> I agree with your interpretation. We should give llc a diagnostic
> handler so that 'emitError' doesn't exit immediately when we're
> testing with llc.

I don't think we should be calling emitError from the backend, except
for the MachineVerifier.  The verifier could ascertain the validity of
the input IR, and could report as many problems as it is able to find.

After that point I'd rather have an ICE when a problem is encountered.

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation