[llvm-dev] LLVM Releases: Upstream vs. Downstream / Distros

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 12 08:53:45 PDT 2016

On 12 May 2016 at 16:47, Antoine Pitrou via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> +1 to this.  As a developer of llvmlite and numba, it would be
> counter-productive for me to try to follow the LLVM ToT, as opposed to
> migrate after a X.Y.1 release as we currently do.

There's also how many APIs do we create packages for?

If your projects use 3.5, some others use 3.6, etc. then distros need
to keep packages for *all* of them and *also* have Clang packages,
maybe more than one. This can get nasty...

I'm not sure how to solve that... :(

--renato