[llvm-dev] sum elements in the vector

Shahid, Asghar-ahmad via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 11 21:07:21 PDT 2016

> why in order to add this particular instruction (sum elements in a vector) I need to add an insrinsic?
Adding intrinsic is not the only way, it is one of the way and user WILL-NOT be required to invoke
It specifically.

Currently LLVM does not have any instruction to directly represent “sum of elements in a vector” and
generate your particular instruction.However, you can do it without intrinsic by pattern matching the
LLVM-IRs representing “sum of elements in vector” to your particular instruction in DAGCombiner.

Regards,
Shahid