[llvm-dev] Selecting optimization passes in the JIT

Nemanja Ivanovic via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 11 07:17:08 PDT 2016

When trying to narrow down which pass causes a failure with the static
compiler, I will often produce an IR file that I will pass to the "opt"
tool and enable/disable passes until I spot which pass causes the issue.

I am wondering how I might do that with the JIT. I don't know much about
the JIT or the application that is using it, but as far as I can tell, the
application sets up the JIT with an optimization level (i.e. -O2) and uses
it. What I'd like to do instead is manually specify which passes are to be
run (much like I do with opt).

Thanks for your help,

Nemanja