[llvm-dev] [OpenCL] Question about pre-linking passes required to build OpenCL program

Liu, Yaxun (Sam) via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 10 14:17:05 PDT 2016

+ llvm-dev

From: Sumner, Brian
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:11 PM
To: Anastasia Stulova <Anastasia.Stulova at arm.com>; Liu, Yaxun (Sam) <Yaxun.Liu at amd.com>; cfe-dev (cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org) <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>; Pan, Xiuli <xiuli.pan at intel.com>; Bader, Alexey (alexey.bader at intel.com) <alexey.bader at intel.com>
Cc: Stellard, Thomas <Tom.Stellard at amd.com>; Mekhanoshin, Stanislav <Stanislav.Mekhanoshin at amd.com>; nd <nd at arm.com>
Subject: RE: [OpenCL] Question about pre-linking passes required to build OpenCL program

Hi Anastasia,

I'm glad to hear there could be some support for such a mechanism.  On our side, we use such pre-link passes to interface with the specifics of our built-in function library.  For example, we transform printf calls into a form that interacts with our library.  We also transform calls to pipe functions, kernel enqueue related functions, and transform calls to the atomic functions to corresponding LLVM atomic instructions (and keep track of the memory scope elsewhere currently).  You may have noticed that we have a proposal out to enable the atomic instructions to directly carry a memory scope.

Thanks,
Brian