[llvm-dev] How to extend alias analysis to enable further optimisations?

Daniel Edin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 10 13:26:38 PDT 2016

Hello,

We have developed a compiler analysis for multi-threaded codes that
identifies functions which do not modify global variables. Furthermore, the
analysis checks that accesses performed before the function call, do not
target the same location as accesses performed after the call (hence, the
variables accessed before and after the call do not alias).

We want to integrate this analysis within the existing analyses, such that
standard compiler optimisations can use this info. Do you suggest that we
change the getModRefInfo() or there is a better way to expose the
no-aliasing information to the optimisations?
If getModRefInfo() is the way to go, can you please indicate how to start?
Where can I find documentation about the way getModRefInfo() works and how
it is used by the optimisation passes. Any suggestion on particular passes
that use it can be a good start.

Thank you!