[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2016] Introduction - Polly as an Analysis pass in LLVM

Tobias Grosser via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 10 08:09:13 PDT 2016

On 05/07/2016 04:59 PM, Utpal Bora via llvm-dev wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am glad to be part of GSoC 2016 with LLVM organization. I am a first
> year PhD student at IIT Hyderabad, India and my research area is
> compiler optimizations using polyhedral model.
>
> My GSoC 2016 project is to implement Polly as an Analysis pass in LLVM [1].
> We have a discussion on Polly-dev mailing list [2] on taking a better
> approach to implement this project. Based upon this discussion, I am
> planning to cover the following items in the first month of this GSoC.
>
> 1: Decouple ScopInfo object from pass and create two passes. One region
> pass to preserve compatibility with existing Polly transformation
> passes, other will be a function pass to be used by PolyhedralInfo pass
> as mentioned below.
>
> 2: Decouple DependenceInfo object from pass and create two passes. Same
> as above.
>
> 3: Create the interface PolyhedralInfo, which will extract Memory Access
> wise dependence information from Polly and provide few simple interfaces
> like isParallel(), isVectorizable(), tripCount(Loop&).
>
> Please feel free to post your comments and suggestions on this.
>
> [1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QyUzL3OOwJSI91lDqr7VsvqUsFyTY9FlpAwbGSipUtw/edit#
> [2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/polly-dev/DuRxNmKfEnM
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21topic/polly-dev/DuRxNmKfEnM>

Hi Utpal,

please submit a patch for http://llvm.org/SummerOfCode/2016.html, in
case you want to add further information about your project.

Design improvements are also very welcome. This website is the GSoC
student website. So you guys can make it as nice as possible. Vivek and
Roman can probably help to review your patch and commit it upstream.

Best,
Tobias