[llvm-dev] Building LLVM 3.8 and later with 2016 Intel C++ compiler

Frank Winter via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 9 13:37:42 PDT 2016

I am making some progress. The compiler had to be told where a set of
updated header files can be found.

Now, I am getting a linker error when it comes to linking the tblgen.
This has to do with the updated headers I am sure and I try to find out
what's going on. I used 'cmake' and 'make VERBOSE=1' which displays the
linker command being used. I'd like to launch this by hand to see it
fail. However the intermediate object files have been deleted before the
'make' command returns.

It's linking all the files in CMakeFiles/obj.llvm-tblgen.dir

Anyone knows how to convince 'make' to not delete the object files in
case the build fails? (That would help chasing this down)

Thanks,
Frank