[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] struct layout in AIX

Dallman, John via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 6 02:20:09 PDT 2016

> Because the alignment of a member is dependent to the position in the struct in AIX platform according to the table in http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGH2K_13.1.2/com.ibm.xlc131.aix.doc/proguide/alignment.html

And on the -qalign and #pragma options, which do get used. The commercial product I work on needs to be compiled -qalign=natural on AIX, or it doesn’t work (I can explain the reasons if anyone's interested, but they're complex, boring, and hard to work around).

--
John Dallman

Siemens Industry Software Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 3476850.
Registered office: Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley, Surrey, GU16 8QD.