[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

C Bergström via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 20:17:54 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 5:19 AM, Tanya Lattner <tanyalattner at llvm.org> wrote:
> Having a code of conduct like this is just as bad as having no code of conduct at all. It trivializes the importance of a code of conduct and its pretty much impossible to enforce.
>
> After observing what is happening in many other communities in regards to women in technology, I would be much more likely to participate in a community that actually has a well thought out and meaningful code of conduct.

That's a pretty rude reply without actually having explained your
position very well, I'm offended.

My simplistic approach outlines a vision, states it's mission and
gives a mechanism to clearly and easily resolve issues. What more do
you want? (It's imho impractical to list *everything*) Further, it's
simple and easy to read - Why must I face a wall of text when I just
want to read code.

I respect your opinion, but lack of words doesn't mean it wasn't
actually well thought out. The "best" design is the most simple one
which gets the job done... I don't need extraneous verbosity just you
want it