[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 16:48:22 PDT 2016

On 6 May 2016 at 00:35, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
> Renato, I can only assure you that (for hopefully totally transparent reasons) I have a deep amount of care for LLVM as a project, and I know that its long term success is *ONLY* possible through a vibrant and awesome community as a whole.

I never assumed otherwise. I was just referring to the apparent actions.

> I can only interpret your tone and approach as saying that you think someone or some people are trying to nefariously harm the LLVM community.

Absolutely not. I'm saying it's easy for a large group of people to
impose a way of thinking that might not be the only good one because
of confirmation bias. No nefarious intentions necessary.

I hope I'm not making it worse again...

--renato