[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 13:47:10 PDT 2016

On May 5, 2016, at 1:21 AM, Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> This has come up a few times, and I would like to resume the effort to establish an LLVM code of conduct.

Awesome, long overdue.  Thank you for pushing this.

> First and foremost, many thanks to Philip Reames who sat down with me several months ago and worked through a number of suggestions that I've tried to incorporate into an updated patch with the draft text: http://reviews.llvm.org/D13741 <http://reviews.llvm.org/D13741>
What is the value in having a bespoke LLVM code of conduct?

The Swift community has been using the standard "Contributor Covenant” to good effect:
https://swift.org/community/#code-of-conduct
http://contributor-covenant.org

Why do we need to “innovate" here?

-Chris