[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

C Bergström via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 11:57:02 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 2:49 AM, Renato Golin via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> On 5 May 2016 at 19:42, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think we need an explicit policy here personally. The nice thing is
>> that if this kind of behavior bothers people, they can ask for it to stop
>> and cite the code of conduct for why.
>
> Indeed! The "stop policy" in the code is good for that kind of thing.
>

>> I will (somewhat abashedly) admit I have a rather foul mouth. It bothers
>> some of my co-workers, and I work assiduously to respect that and change my
>> language when around them.
>
> Heh. Whenever I write "stuff" in an email, I have certainly thought of
> the other S word first. :)

If this policy passes, which seems to be the direction things are
going.. (I'm half joking here) - Would the admin pretty please make a
list.. llvm-hottube or something appropriately named where profanity
is generally acceptable.

(This is idea is of course flawed from the start - since any
interesting discussion would get cross posted and likely violate the
more strict rules of the main lists.. ;(

Is there a place, besides irc and silent reflection, for less serious
discussions or whacko brainstorming, around llvm/compilers?
(comp.compilers is moderated - crazy stuff would never fly there)