[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

C Bergström via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 11:42:19 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 2:30 AM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 2:55 AM C Bergström <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Chandler - I do not want to derail, hijack or change the topic of this
>> discussion - Would you be ok with me going into specific examples?
>

> IMO, no, I don't think that would be a productive direction. I also suspect
> it would have a high probability of (unintentionally) leading to exactly the
> kinds of situations the code of conduct is designed to prevent.

I'm on the fence if it could be productive..

LOL - How could a thought-out and detailed explanation of real world
circumstances lead to something so negative it would have to be
moderated... (??puzzled??)

Under your regime - would I be forbidden from calling someone else out
for generally being a bully or troll.. Specifically if I went through
and found say 6 cases where X caused friction in the community and in
general their behavior was more noise than actually productive.

I'm still lost at what's really driving this.. *something* must have
happened that prompted all this..