[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 03:42:38 PDT 2016

On 5 May 2016 at 10:41, Joachim Durchholz via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Also, letting him stay would mean that his behaviour would get copied.

If everything else disappears, I think this is what should remain.

We don't want to accept "bad behaviour" because once it's accepted, it
propagates. The LKML is the best example. From our history, we have
done that remarkably well.

I just hope the new Code doesn't get abused by a few trolls to
undermine the very thing it's trying to promote. That's why I think
wording is very important here.

cheers,
--renato