[llvm-dev] Linux/ARM: Segfault issue when we build clang sources including __thread variable using -O2 flag

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 3 14:44:46 PDT 2016

On 3 May 2016 at 11:30, Tim Northover <t.p.northover at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 May 2016 at 01:14, Geunsik Lim via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> However, We cannot run (build is okay.) normally hello!!! console
>> application with clang/LLVM using -O2 and -O3 optimization level.
>
> Do you have a copy of this program? My trivial example worked as I
> expected, and I couldn't see any obvious flaw in LLVM's output either.

Ah, I see you meant you had the whole corerun VM trying to execute a
trivial example. I'm afraid we're going to need more information to
help. Ideally a small C test-case that has the problem, though it
might be interesting to compare the libcoreclr.so binaries in the -O1
and -O2 cases if you can upload or attach them somewhere.

Tim.