[llvm-dev] RFC: Should the default LLVM build be deterministic?

Chris Bieneman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 3 13:32:18 PDT 2016

The responses here are pretty one-sided.

What I’m going to do is make a commit to LLVM this afternoon to change the default for LLVM_ENABLE_TIMESTAMPS to Off. Separately I will send out a patch for review that removes the flag.

I will let that patch sit out on LLVM-Commits for a day or so to allow anyone who objects to the removal of the option to speak up.

Any objections?

-Chris