[llvm-dev] Problem on cross-compiling compiler-rt

王磊 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 2 23:42:31 PDT 2016

Hi.
I'm trying to use Clang/LLVM as a cross-compiling toolchain. In previous version of LLVM with the old configure/Makefile building system, I'm able to build Clang/LLVM for target architecture with the host GCC firstly and then use the generated cross compiler to compile the compiler-rt project, and, consequently, I can get a cross compiler as well as the compiler-rt library. However, when I move to version 3.9 which abandoned configure/Makefile and uses CMake now, it always compile the compiler-rt simultaneously with the host GCC. The same problem is also existing in 3.5 CMake building system. It seems that in the CMake building system compiler-rt is not dependent on the generated toolchain. I also tried to compile the compiler-rt after Clang/LLVM has been built, and there is another problem that the generated Clang/LLVM cannot pass the CMake checking without compiler-rt, which is obvious... So is there any way that I can solve this problem. Thank you.

Lei Wang