[llvm-dev] How to convert assembly code to executable

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 2 08:54:54 PDT 2016

If you add "-filetype=obj" to your llc command, I'd expect you to get an object file instead of assembly source.
After that you would need to run it through a linker for your alpha target.

(The last LLVM release with an Alpha target was 3.0, I guess you are using a really old version of LLVM? Or maintaining it as an out-of-tree target?)
--paulr