[llvm-dev] [GSOC] Potential Project Ideas

Siddharth Mahendraker via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 24 23:11:06 PDT 2016

Hello,

My name is Siddharth. I’m a student studying math and computer science at the University of Toronto.

I’m interested in learning more about the LLVM compiler through GSoC. I have no prior experience with LLVM, but I have a strong interest in compilers, and I look forward to learning more.

I would like to pursue one of two potential projects: rewriting bugpoint, and moving optimizations out of the -instacombine pass and into InstructionSimplify.

Is anyone currently working on implementing these? Are these projects suitable for a beginner? Any guidance is much appreciated.

Regards,

Siddharth