[llvm-dev] Building a program with LLVM on Unix

Russell Wallace via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 23 09:48:30 PDT 2016

Building LLVM itself involves Cmake, but what's the best way to build a C++
program that needs to link with the LLVM libraries?

If you're trying to optimise for making life as easy as possible for users
and people creating binary packages, in the normal course of events,
autotools is recommended. But the tutorial mentions running llvm-config to
get things like library paths - does autotools know how to do this?

(I mostly use Windows, not as familiar with Unix, so please let me know if
the question I'm asking is not quite the same as the question I should be
asking.)