[llvm-dev] Existing studies on the benefits of pointer analysis

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 21 12:05:57 PDT 2016

On 21 March 2016 at 18:59, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin.org> wrote:
> Which is why i've never mentioned it or used it in the community ;)

Makes sense. :)

> I would rather see someone spend their time getting SCEV-AA on by default or
> CFL-AA on by default than doing another evaluation.

But those may not be simple enough for a GSOC, that's why I mentioned it.

The analysis could not only get us a birds view of the problem ahead,
but also introduce new developers to AA, which would make their future
work on SCEV-AA or CFL-AA easier. Kind of a teaching tool to get more
AA-savvy people.

cheers,
--renato