[llvm-dev] Existing studies on the benefits of pointer analysis

Jia Chen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 21 11:40:32 PDT 2016

>>> Yes.
>>> Chris did many years ago, and i've done one more recently.
>>>
>>> Great! Are they published somewhere? Can the data be shared somehow?
>> No, and sadly, no
> This sounds like a good GSOC project.

Need any volunteers?

I'd be interested in any work that relates to pointer analysis,
including this as well as the " one to two years of work" Daniel
mentioned. What held me back from submitting a proposal is the concern
that such kind of explorative work whose outcome is not guaranteed to be
useful may not be attractive enough to the LLVM devs.

--
Best Regards,

--
Jia Chen