[llvm-dev] GSOC inquiry.

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 20 12:59:05 PDT 2016

On 3/17/16 10:58 AM, Om Shivom Nagpal wrote:
> No i have not worked previously on llvm. I have looked through the
> projects but because of no prior experience i am unable to pick one. I
> am currently going through the llvm tutorials.

I would recommend a project that has you working at the LLVM IR level.
Fixing bugs or adding a new analysis or optimization pass may be a good
project.

Another good project might be to improve our documentation.  I've
noticed over the years that most of our documents are reference-like in
manner.  When I start teaching students how to use LLVM, I direct them
to three difference documents.  It might be good to have a "Getting
Started with Programming with LLVM" guide to help new students learn how
to get started with using the infrastructure.

Regards,

John Criswell