[llvm-dev] IRBuilder Assignment ( '=' ) operator?

Jeremy Lakeman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 15 20:24:34 PDT 2016

There is a store operation if you want the value on the stack or heap, but
there is no assignment operator in IR.
CreateAdd returns an Instruction which represents both the operation and
the result value. Value's are immutable and can be used as input arguments
to any Instruction further down the control flow.

The other thing you might need to research is the Phi Instruction. Which
gives you a way to specify how the value in this basic block will be
different based on how we reached this block in the control flow of the
function.