[llvm-dev] view how instruction selection is happening

Rail Shafigulin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 15 12:13:32 PDT 2016

At one point someone showed me how to view the output of how instruction
selection is happening. The output I'm talking about is shown below. Can
someone remind me how to generate it? (I really should start writing down
stuff like this)

========================= Orignal Match Result
=====================================

Selecting: 0x2ebfa78: glue = EsenciaISD::SET_FLAG 0x2ebee18, 0x2ebef20,
0x2ebf658 [ORD=3] [ID=11]

ISEL: Starting pattern match on root node: 0x2ebfa78: glue =
EsenciaISD::SET_FLAG 0x2ebee18, 0x2ebef20, 0x2ebf658 [ORD=3] [ID=11]

  Initial Opcode index to 258
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 278, continuing at
292
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 293, continuing at
307
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 308, continuing at
322
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 323, continuing at
337
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 338, continuing at
352
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 353, continuing at
367
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 368, continuing at
382
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 383, continuing at
397
  Morphed node: 0x2ebfa78: i32,glue = SFLTS_ri 0x2ebee18, 0x2ebf130 [ORD=3]

ISEL: Match complete!
=> 0x2ebfa78: i32,glue = SFLTS_ri 0x2ebee18, 0x2ebf130 [ORD=3]

========================= Failed Match Result ==============================
=======

Selecting: 0x242d278: glue = EsenciaISD::SET_FLAG 0x242c618, 0x242c720,
0x242ce58 [ORD=3] [ID=11]

ISEL: Starting pattern match on root node: 0x242d278: glue =
EsenciaISD::SET_FLAG 0x242c618, 0x242c720, 0x242ce58 [ORD=3] [ID=11]

  Initial Opcode index to 258
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 285, continuing at
301
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 302, continuing at
318
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 319, continuing at
335
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 336, continuing at
352
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 353, continuing at
369
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 370, continuing at
386
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 387, continuing at
403
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 404, continuing at
420
  Match failed at index 424
  Continuing at 437
  Match failed at index 438
  Continuing at 454
  Continuing at 455
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 466, continuing at
480
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 481, continuing at
495
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 496, continuing at
510
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 511, continuing at
525
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 526, continuing at
540
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 541, continuing at
555
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 556, continuing at
570
  Skipped scope entry (due to false predicate) at index 571, continuing at
585
  Match failed at index 589

--
Rail Shafigulin