[llvm-dev] Pre-build binary Clang 3.8 for openSuse Leap 42.1?

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 13 12:32:07 PDT 2016

Hi Ismail!

>> why not get clang setup in the build service?
>> https://build.opensuse.org/
>
> Indeed as the LLVM maintainer for (open)SUSE thats what I would suggest.

How would that look like? The dependency to libLLVM 3.7 remains. And we
have Clang 3.8 packages, I just cannot install them.
Unless we have versioned packages like for GCC, I don't see how the open
build service does help.

I fear the thread becomes off-topic. If you don't want me to create
Clang 3.8 binaries, we should move to the opensuse-packaging mailing list.

Bye
Christoph