[llvm-dev] Status of the official LLVM APT repositories

Yury V. Zaytsev via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 9 12:44:07 PST 2016

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

> This is still maintained. However the cmake transition (for both 3.8 and
> 3.9) wasn't simple... While it should be fine for debian, it might need
> more work for old Ubuntu (back port of cmake)

Hi Sylvestre,

Thank you for the clarification! Any ETAs on when the APT repositories are
going to be updated with LLVM 3.8 & 3.9 builds?

I'm not sure how clean / dirty of a solution you'd be okay with, but I'd
just point out that CMake developers provide working binary tarballs for
Linux with every release at https://cmake.org/download/ . So, if you are
not a purist and/or need the CMake backport for some other reasons
anyways, it's as simple as just unpacking it on the builder and adding to
the front of the PATH variable. I use this approach on my Ubuntu 12.04
(Precise) builders, as a proper backport simply isn't worth the effort for
my purposes, since they are going to be decommissioned rather soon anyways
and it's working very nicely.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev