[llvm-dev] Regarding Usage of opt

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 4 08:47:17 PST 2016

On 3/4/16 10:40 AM, Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev wrote:

> [snip]
>>

>> -------------------------------------------------------------- Error
>> End --------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Question 2:
>>
>> Some passes depend on other dependencies. Is there any convenient way
>> to get the dependency for a specific pass?
>>
> Not than I know of (other than reading the source code, which is
> fortunately very easy: look for getAnalysisUsage())

The -debug-pass=structure option to opt will print out the passes that
are run and in what order.  From that output, you can generally
determine which set of analysis passes are used by which set of
optimizations.  It can help narrow down which source code you need to
examine.

Regards,

John Criswell

> --
> Mehdi

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell