[llvm-dev] Regarding Usage of opt

Chengnian Sun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 4 00:44:53 PST 2016

Hi,

I am new to llvm, and recently am playing with opt. I want to use opt to
apply one optimization pass to a .bc file. However, I encounter some
problems which I failed to find the answers on the internet. Any
suggestions are highly appreciated.

Question 1:

For example, I issued the following command

    $: opt-trunk -si-lower-control-flow t.c_00.bc -o t.c_01.bc

Then I got the following error,

-------------------------------------------------------------- Error Start

Pass 'SI Lower control flow pseudo instructions' is not initialized.

Verify if there is a pass dependency cycle.

Required Passes:

opt-trunk:
/tmp/llvm-builder/llvm-source-trunk/lib/IR/LegacyPassManager.cpp:668: void
llvm::PMTopLevelManager::schedulePass(llvm::Pass*): Assertion `PI &&
"Expected required passes to be initialized"' failed.

Question 2:

Some passes depend on other dependencies. Is there any convenient way to
get the dependency for a specific pass?

Thank you and best regards,

Chengnian.