[llvm-dev] [GSoC16] Seeking Guidance for a project regarding SAFECode

Abhinav Tripathi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 3 09:25:42 PST 2016

Hello,
I am Abhinav Tripathi, B.Tech 3rd Year student from IIT Indore, India. I
was looking on the projects ideas page of llvm and saw that I could also
propose to work on the SAFECode Open projects. As I found no mailing list
on their site, I am sending this message here. Please redirect me to some
other list, if required.
.
I found most of the projects quite alluring as I have been working on a
similar project (in terms of tasks) since the last GSoC. It is CPPSharp (
https://github.com/genuinelucifer/CppSharp).
.
The ones that I found most interesting were:
1 - Improve Static Array Bounds Checking -- Because I have done a lot of
array related tasks while writing marshalling code for CppSharp. I think I
can really contribute into this project.
.
2 - Create a simpler CompleteChecks pass -- Although I admit, I didn't
quite understand what simpler would mean here. But it seems fairly
challenging (if it's regarding optimisation) or involving understanding of
a large part of codebase (in which case too it intrigues me). I would love
to work on this one too.
.
If the mentor(s) or anyone else would like to state a few proficiency tests
to prove my aptness for the projects, I would love to submit a couple of
patches before applying for GSoC.
.
Regards,
Abhinav