[llvm-dev] What is the status of clang++ and LLVM on Windows

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 2 10:34:02 PST 2016

As far as the compiler goes, Windows support is pretty complete:
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/MSVCCompatibility.html#abi-features

LLD is also able to self-link and link other large projects. Chromium has
been the main test case so far.

You still need the Windows SDK and MSVC for the CRT, rc.exe, mt.exe, and
some other stuff.