[llvm-dev] [AArch64] -fomit-frame-pointer testing and enabling by default on Linux

Geoff Berry via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 2 10:10:46 PST 2016

Hi All,

I recently completed a series of changes (final one: r262495) that enable
-fomit-frame-pointer to work for non-leaf functions on aarch64 targets.  I
have done llvm-testsuite and SPEC and other benchmark correctness testing,
but I'd appreciate any further testing people could do with their out of
tree test suites/applications using this flag.  Assuming all the kinks get
worked out, I'd then like to propose we enable this flag by default when
optimizing on aarch64 Linux targets (as is currently done for other Linux
targets).

Thanks,

--

Geoff Berry

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux
Foundation Collaborative Project