[llvm-dev] Noob: need help with go bindings

Andrew Wilkins via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 29 00:35:15 PDT 2016

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 at 00:32 Brian Picciano via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I have the following code to generate a really basic IR:
> http://gobin.io/LtdJ
>
> And the output I get from it is: http://gobin.io/XgkH
>
> That IR code which is dumped seems to work fine if I do llc then gcc on
> it, so I'm not sure why it won't work through the engine. This is my first
> time using LLVM so I'm pretty new with all of it, any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Brian,

The issue here is that "NewExecutionEngine" will create either an MCJIT- or
an interpreter-based execution engine, and only the former will be able to
resolve symbols in the parent process. MCJIT will only be used if you have
called the appropriate initialisation functions first. If you add the
following to the top of your main() function, it should work:

LinkInMCJIT() InitializeNativeTarget() InitializeNativeAsmPrinter()

Cheers,
Andrew