[llvm-dev] [Release-testers] 3.8.1-final has been tagged

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 23 03:08:41 PDT 2016

On 23 June 2016 at 10:56, Bernhard Rosenkränzer <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> This caused our tarball generation scripts to mess up and name the tarballs
> 3.8.0 -- I've fixed the script to look at CMakeLists.txt instead and now (so
> far) all is good, but while configure is still there it should probably
> reflect the version info correctly.

Hi Bero,

If anything, the configure file should be removed. :)

It was deprecated a long time ago and it's only there for legacy
reasons. If you want to use LLVM as your base toolchain, I strongly
suggest you move to CMake.

cheers,
--renato

PS: For now, a post-fix should be applied to the 3.8.1-final anyway.