[llvm-dev] Quality of LLVM headers

Paweł Bylica via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 19 08:24:22 PDT 2016

Hi LLVM,

I want to complain a bit about the quality of the code included in the
public LLVM headers. For projects that depend on LLVM is really hard to
just include LLVM headers not to trigger tons of warnings.

Moreover, the is this issue that you have to define __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS and
__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS everywhere just to include single DataTypes.h.
Strangely, it seems to be required only when compiling with clang, not with
GCC.

Can we do anything to improve the situation?

I have just one idea, to add unittests that only include public headers
with higher compiler restrictions than for LLVM code in .cpp files.

- Paweł