[llvm-dev] GlobalContext

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 16 12:34:03 PDT 2016

On 6/16/16 2:29 PM, via llvm-dev wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I've (git) cloned the whole project yesterday, and
> cannot find the getGlobalContext method at
> LLMContext.cpp
>
> Can anyone help ?

It would not surprise me if the getGlobalContext() function has been
removed.

If you're writing an LLVM pass, it is better to get a reference to the
LLVMContext by finding the context associated with the Module that your
pass is analyzing or transforming.  Many LLVM classes (Module, Function,
BasicBlock, etc.) have a getContext() method that will return a
reference to the LLVMContext to which the object belongs.  You should
use these methods to get a reference to the context.

Regards,

John Criswell

> Thanks in advanced.
>

> Julio.

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell