[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2016] Interprocedural Register Allocation - Mid Term Report

vivek pandya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 13 21:15:42 PDT 2016

Dear Community,

As I keep you update with the progress on weekly basis (please see
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-May/100227.html), this report
is covering information about how mentors and I have planned the work in
proposal and how are progressing?

As per original time line we should complete basic implementation and
testing it for the major bugs and we have completed the basic
infrastructure required and also we have tested our work with test-suite
and that has revealed  tricky bug ( atleast tricky to me ! and I expect
some more), So we are currently working on fix for the bug. I think we will
solve functional correctness related bug by MidTerm.

I have mentioend in time line that we may required to change existing
intraprocedural register allocator but it is clear that we do not require
it. So after midsem my mentors have some ideas to try out to improve IPRA.
Also I would like to write a detailed blog post explaining the work but
that will be after it gets functional correctness.

Sincerely,
Vivek