[llvm-dev] Loop vectorizer Queires

C Bergström via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 13 15:24:02 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 6:03 AM, Jumana Mp via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a few issues in vectorizing loops using Clang 3.8.
> Will it be ok if I shoot some of my findings and queries here?
>
> Meanwhile, can I please know if LLVM support autovectorized MIC instructions
> for Xeon phi?
> If so, could you please tell me the flags to use?
>
> I am Jumana, a masters student in Embedded system working as a graduate
> research intern with Intel. For my thesis, I am working with bench-marking
> auto-vectorizer for various architectures.
> I have certain issues which I find difficult to explain myself. I tried
> posting in LLVM forum, but looks like I have no access.

You're a researcher and intern, but asking basic questions like this? Umm...

"MIC instructions" - are you referring to the AVX512 supported in KNL
or the pre-cursor to this in KNC? (Which supported a few more and a
few less instructions than what ended up being AVX512)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVX-512