[llvm-dev] llvm intrinsics/libc/libm question

Ryan Taylor via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 7 13:24:20 PDT 2016

In the first code I see a 'tail call @acos', in the second code I see a
tail call @llvm.acos.f32'. (sorry, there should be only one input for acos,
I've been trying many libm/libc functions).

Not sure why it's called TargetLibraryInfo if it's not in target specific
code? It seems that ALL targets use this code, making it generic. Am I
missing something here?

Basically you're saying if I changed/added the XXXacos in
TargetLibraryInfo::hasOptimizedCodeGen then the ConstantFolding (and other
opts) could then opt for this libm call?

Thanks,

Ryan

ps. The spec also states (albeit unclearly) that you can use "#undef" to
omit a library function so that a user defined function of the same name
can be used but LLVM doesn't seem to support that.