[llvm-dev] PACT-2016 ACM Student Research Competition (SRC)

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 7 07:36:37 PDT 2016

Dear Das,

Mehdi is correct; our long-standing policy is that calls for
papers/posters/participation must have a specific component related to
LLVM (e.g., a workshop on LLVM) in order to be considered on-topic for
the LLVM Developer's mailing list.  Calls that do not mention LLVM
specifically are considered off-topic (for what it's worth, I have mixed
feelings about this policy, but to date I haven't seen a desire to
change it from the LLVM community).

If you haven't already, you might try advertising via the SIGPLAN and
SIGOPS announcements mailing lists.

I will forward this information to our internal systems mailing list at
the University of Rochester as we certainly want to get the research
competition advertised.

Regards,

John Criswell

On 6/6/16 11:43 PM, Das, Dibyendu via llvm-dev wrote:

> #########################################################
>
> PACT-2016:
>
> Call for Abstracts in ACM Student Research Competition (SRC)
>
> http://pact2016.eew.technion.ac.il/acm-src
>
> #########################################################
>
> IMPORTANT DATES
>
> Abstract submission: 11:59pm US EDT  Friday, June 17, 2016
>
> Acceptance notification: 11:59pm US EDT Friday, July 15, 2016
>
> Poster Session for Accepted Abstracts TBD
>
> Presentations for Finalists         TBD
>
> SUBMISSIONS
>
> Submissions to the PACT-2016 ACM Student Research Competition (SRC)
> must be
>
> submitted electronically at this site:
>
> https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=acmsrcatpact2016
>
> The submission should be in pdf format. Blind submissions are fine,
> but not
>
> required.  Submissions should not exceed 1 page, and should not exceed 800
>
> words.  Figures and References are fine, and must fit within the
> single page.
>
> You may use this latex template:
>
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/~rajeev/pactformat.tar.gz
>
> This template will format the paper in the style here:
>
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/~rajeev/pactformat.pdf
>
> Please also note that all students whose abstracts are accepted are
> expected
>
> to attend PACT-2016 and present a poster of their work, and present it
> in a
>
> PACT session if selected from the poster session.
>
> OVERVIEW
>
> Sponsored by ACM and Microsoft Research, the ACM Student Research
> Competition
>
> (SRC) is a forum for graduate and undergraduate students to share their
>
> research results, exchange ideas, and improve their communication skills
>
> while competing for prizes.
>
> The SRC consists of three rounds:
>
> 1. Online abstract submission authored by the student alone.
>
> 2. Poster session at PACT-2016 by authors of selected abstracts.
>
> 3. Presentation at PACT-2016 by authors of the top 3 posters selected by
>
>     judges at the conference.
>
> The evaluation of round (1) will focus on the quality of the research
>
> contributions, while rounds (2) and (3) will consider that and the
>
> quality of visual and oral presentation.
>
> You can find more information on the ACM Student Research Competition at
>
> http://src.acm.org
>
> PRIZES AND GRANTS
>
> Students accepted to participate in the SRC may be eligible for partial
>
> travel grants (typically up to $500) to help cover travel expenses.
> The top 3
>
> undergraduate and graduate winners will receive all of the following
> prizes:
>
>   1. Monetary prizes of $500, $300, and $200, respectively.
>
>   2. An award medal and a one-year complimentary ACM membership with a
>
>      subscription to ACM's Digital Library.
>
>   3. The names and research abstracts of the winners will be posted

> [...]

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell