[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] GitHub anyone?

David Chisnall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 7 02:51:45 PDT 2016

On 7 Jun 2016, at 09:34, Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Have you tried the git-imerge add-on?

You beat me to it - I was just about to suggest the same thing.  Merges from LLVM upstream have been a lot more CPU-intensive, but a lot less human-intensive since I started using it.  It’s worth noting though that not having the clang repo as a submodule makes bisection very hard for clang-related changes.

If you have upstream and downstream, git-imerge’s rebase-with-history is very useful, as your tree ends up looking as if it’s been rebased onto upstream, but downstream users can still pull from any of your pre-merge commits and merge (or rebase) that into their own tree.

David