[llvm-dev] Doubts

Pedro Lopes via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 5 14:05:05 PDT 2016

Sorry, glad I'm in the right place.
Before I start, I want to state that I'm a beginer and I'm trying to
develop a backend by adapting an existent target to my platform.

My first doubt is about the SelectionDAG and the TargetLowering class.
When I use, for example:
setOperationAction(ISD::ADD, MVT::i1, Promote);

Is it correct to say that I'm promoting any operand used by the ISD::ADD
node to a larger type? If so, what would that value type be?

If I use the same function with the expand as the third argument like below:
setOperationAction(ISD::FSIN, MVT::f32, Expand);
What will the expansion look like, since I don´t provide any custom
implementation of the node? Also, what is the meaning of the MVT::f32 in
this case?

Thanks,
Patosga