[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] GitHub anyone?

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 2 11:19:53 PDT 2016

Piotr Padlewski via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> I also find it bad idea to have it all in one repo. Right now when I
> develope clang-tidy, I don't have to recompile clang often because
> most of the commits in clang-estra doesn't require new clang fetures.
> This is pretty nice if work on 2 core machine.

But if you're not touching clang, then it won't get recompiled.
git-subtree gets you the benefits of a single repository while still
allowing individual updates of components.

Again, this is just something to look at.  I have some git-subtree
enhancements not yet sent to upstream that I think would be important
for LLVM if the community decides to seriously look at using
git-subtree.

                           -David