[llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] Switching to git (Windows experience) (was re:[cfe-dev] GitHub anyone?)

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 2 07:20:49 PDT 2016

On 2 June 2016 at 13:43, Aaron Ballman via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Are there suitable GUI tools for git on Windows for projects as
> complex as LLVM? I believe MSVC has some integration, but I've not
> used it before. Perhaps other tools exist that match the integration
> and stability that TortoiseSVN has with Explorer?

Have you tried any of these?

https://git-scm.com/downloads/guis

I've tried git-cola and gitg on Linux, and neither I nor my son liked
it enough to move from command line to a GUI. But we're not GUI folks,
so it could be that. We also tried some Android clients, and they are
crude.

Though, that GitHub app looks really nice!

cheers,
--renato