[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] GitHub anyone?

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 11:07:12 PDT 2016

>> Regarding the issue of git sub-modules and keeping Clang/LLVM in sync, perhaps we should just put Clang and LLVM into a single git repository and add a CMake option to disable compilation of Clang (the same could be done for other LLVM sub-projects for which bisection and other nifty features require a single revision number to refer to code across projects).  Keeping these projects in separate repositories is just more work, and I don't see what we're getting out of that extra effort.

I'm not sure we will benefit from having *all* the subprojects in the
single repository. This might affect pull / clone time significantly.
Think about having lld, lldb along with llvm + clang in the single
main repo.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University