[llvm-dev] [llvm-foundation] IMPORTANT: APT repo temporary switched off

Dan Liew via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 10:34:13 PDT 2016

>> Regardless, thanks for having run this infrastructure for so long. Have you considered publishing the packages to a PPA, so that the community can continue to benefit from them without llvm.org having to support the hosting costs?
>
> John,
>
> I'm not well versed with PPAs, but if you have an alternative that we
> could do and fix the package problem without reusing the same server,
> I think we should pursue it.

I've used PPAs as a developer before and I hated the experience but
that's probably because launchpad (the web interface) is garbage.

I've had a better experience with the OpenSUSE build service [1] which
despite its name lets you build for Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE, Redhat,
Fedora, CentOS and Arch Linux. You have to provide the packaging files
for each packaging system though. It also supports more architectures
than just x86_64.

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/