[llvm-dev] Target Acceptance Policy

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 29 05:38:50 PDT 2016

On 29 July 2016 at 12:09, Andrey Bokhanko <andreybokhanko at gmail.com> wrote:
> What if a new back-end ticks all the right boxes but simply not being
> reviewed by established members of the community?

This case is clear. The code only goes in after proper review.

Interests vary from case to case, and normally, pinging on the mailing
list and on IRC is the only way to go. Waiting forever doesn't work,
and asking a friend maintainer to "push it for you" or just pushing
yourself is very much *never* appropriate.

This is one of the few clear cases I can think of that would warrant a
permanent commit ban for all involved.

Upstream takes time, we all have to live with it. But the alternative
is worse. :)

cheers,
--renato